Monday, June 29, 2009

From Old Blog~ Entry 4

Ok so I haven't been as active as I would like, but the end of the school year is taking a real toll on me. I had what I thought was the worst week of senior year last week. I won my government class final exam with my group- which meant I had to present my winning bill on Thursday, along with 9 other groups, at the entire senior class assembly. Our bill was about ending affirmative action in college admissions and I was sooo nervous that I would have to speak in front of such a large group. I also had senior prom to worry about because I was dreading walking in heels all night, walking across the stage for "walk-ins", and dancing with my date. I also was nervous that his whole family would come to my house to take pictures like they did last year for my friend. It's tradition to ride with your date and his family to the prom; another milestone I was not anxious to take on. I had originally decided not to go at all to avoid all the immodest dress and dancing, but my friend asked me and I didn't want to let him down.

As I sat in the assembly, awaiting my turn to speak, I took a deep breath and just prayed to Adonai to keep me calm as I spoke, but he didn't just calm my nerves, he blessed me more than I could ask for! My trust, the godly trait I have been working on for some time now, was rewarded ten fold! I never had to present at all! The assembly ran out of time right before I was up to present. I couldn't believe my luck; I simply had to send him my worries and trust...He was just so generous.

With one worry down, I prepared for the real test of the week; the prom. Getting my hair done was the least of my worries, but I still had the looming fear to face while I spent an hour getting beautified. When I finally got home and put my dress on, my date arrived and I noticed it was just him and his mom. Things were peculiarly going my way. Then after pictures in my yard, the time had come to ride with him and his mom alone, dun dun dun! BUT! YHVH I am convinced, intervened. His mother asked if my mom would ride with us to my girlfriend's house where we would take pictures with the 15 other couples. I had a safety net! Needless to say, He provided, and plenty more than I prayed for! I did not trip once, despite the extremely long length of my dress, walk-ins were a breeze (and my french teacher greeted my date and I at the door with his spanish teacher; they gushed at how great we were in our foreign languages and how nice we looked! haha) I danced, but not provacatively, and believe it or not, I had fun! I did go home after prom; I don't think a two night sleepover was such a grand idea. Better safe at home than sorry! and anyways, I had my brother's 16th birthday party to attend to!

Sometimes I notice how vastly different I am compared to my peers at school and prom weekend was one of those times. I see all the drunken parties, fornication, immodest behavior and dress...and I wonder why I am the way I am. I know God has set me apart from this debauchery, but why I am I the only one out of 400 kids? Am I too conservative/extreme? or is the rest of the teenage population way lost? That's one reason I can't wait for college...I need to find some more like minded friends; friends who strive for nothing but the pleasure and glorification of YHVH!

Praise Elohim for my safe, fun, and educational week(end) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to stay firm in your convictions throughout your life.

God bless you.