Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mid-Vaca Update

This vacation has been not as relaxing as I had hoped, but it's definitely a God given trial. I'm learning so much about receiving each day with thanksgiving, even though I know I'll be doing things I don't want to do. I need to look past my own frustrations and desires and see the blessings around me, or I will miss out on them. He is faithful to send me blessings, even in little things like the landscape/views, time with loved ones, & good food!, and I seem to focus on the bad or the "hard".

So out with the negativity and in with the joy! (If only it were so easy...!) I'm trying, but I cannot say I enjoy what I have to do (or would want to do this again...) and I feel guilty about that. I want to serve God, but sometimes things seem so unfair.

Update: (wow that was fast! haha) I had a mini revelation, God is so Good!! In a moment of expected frustration, my heart was softened and I think I was truly of use to someone. We serve an awesome God, so when the going gets tough, always know our prayers are tougher! More on this whole ordeal when I get back.

Please keep me in your prayers,
I just want a better attitude and a servant's heart.
Love always,
RA