So here we go:
Books I've read recently...
1. The Bible (it's my first time reading it in its entirety, I just need to finish the OT from Joshua onward haha)
2. Anna Karenina (I'm still finishing this one)
3. The Duggar's book, 20 & Counting I think it's called?
4. Watchmen (it was for a Comp class, but it was good!)
5. Le Petit Prince in French
6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (ok I haven't fully read this either...college prevents me from having my own reading time!! lol)
7. The Other Side of Silence
8. continually reading the Catechism
Songs or albums I listen to all the time...
1. Both Taylor Swift albums
2. While I'm Waiting by John Waller
2. While I'm Waiting by John Waller
3. Glee soundtrack
4. Lots of Hall & Oats
5. Your Song by Elton John
6. Revelation Song by Kari Job
7. You are Holy (Prince of Peace)
8. Wonderwall by Oasis
Things I love...
2. My electric kettle (essential for tea drinking college kids!)
4. My jewelry collection
5. My 19 Kids & Countings dvds (but ya'll know that :D)
6. The library here on campus...my home away from home: peaceful & air conditioned
7. The Our Lady of Ostrabrama icon I ordered
8. My puppies!
Things I've learned this year...
1. Living with a room mate, even one you love, is a daily challenge, but it forces you to have charity, mercy, and patience with others & can be a great blessing in disguise
2. That being a Christian in college can be incredibly difficult and that it is very important to search for like-minded friends to encourage your walk.
3. Sleep is secondary to study (ha!)
4. Separation makes the heart grow fonder (is that how it goes? anyways, I miss my mom! haha)
5. That I cannot control my life...whether it comes to my career or my future spouse or my walk in general...and that I need to surrender my trust to Him and let go
6. That dried cherries are awesome in plain oatmeal (w/ a little syrup of course!)
7. That being shy is not helping me any and I need to open up and let people in: what's there to be afraid of!? Nothing! :)
8. That the Eucharist is essential in starting my week and I should make the effort to receive it more than just on Sunday. And simultaneously, confession is super necessary at fighting sin & temptation and restoring oneself to God! Make it a weekly habit!
New Recipes I Want to Try and Make...
1. Veggie Burgers (I didn't like the last recipe I tried too much)
2. More Indian recipes! The dal was a hit so anything involving garam masala, curry, and lentils is ok in my book :D
3. Pumpkin bread for the fall (there was a pumpkin shortage last year and never got to make it)
4. Golabki: polish meat & cabbage concoction my Gram makes
5. my own sushi rolls (sans raw fish)
6. Homemade chili (I'm big on beans/legumes!)
7. Homemade hummus
8. Ginger bread house (never made one, but ma mere got the recipe from a magazine...must try this winter!)
Favorite Online Hangouts...
3. Hotmail/school mail
5. Ja20.com (shut up I know I have a problem! haha)
8. and then google.com for any research/questions/interests I may have!
Projects I need to work on...
1. My Mongol Invasion of Russian power point *eek*
2. Finishing my Bible and the other 8 million books I start and never finish
3. Finishing crocheting my scarf...*sigh*
4. My "go green" project...I'm failing over here, buying water bottles and not using a brita!
5. Painting my family room
6. Well this isn't technically a project...but learning to drive longer distances...haha
7. This blog...I need to be more dedicated to it/brainstorm ideas.
8. My mini garden & future vegetable garden...project still in the works!
Other people I think should do this...
1. Caraboska from The Fiddler on the Roof
2. Delta Flute from My Twisted Life's Journey
3. Bethany from Bethany's Blog
4. Barbie from the Mary Mission
5. Coffee Catholic from the Farm
6. Yesie/Jesse from Yesie or Jesse? The Right Path7. Miss Fifi from Musings of MissFifif
8. NeverEver from Finding Guidance...