Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mass!

I just came back from an evening mass and I was so floored by the message the Lord sent over my soul while there. The priest was giving his sermon about his time in the seminary and how he was taught that if you live the Christian life fairly well, a little piece of you should die everyday.

Here I have been trying to preserve & reclaim this person I was years ago, thinking that was the "real" version of me, of the "fun" RA, but in reality...that girl is slowly dying because she is SUPPOSED to. That is not who God wants me to be forever. And the reason I couldn't recognize myself in the first few weeks of college was because I had been on the straight & narrow and making true spiritual advancement. My attempt to revamp myself was a major step BACKWARD, as I was filling myself up with "me" rather than with God.

So don't be afraid if you find yourself changing (for the better! quiet, gentle, meek spirit) because those little inner deaths you're experiencing are making room for the Holy Spirit to dwell. Our bodies are a temple for the LORD, so let Him make His home within you.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

2 comments:

She Will Move Mountains said...

That is so very true!

~Joseph the Worker said...

Glad to hear you are still growing! Hope I can stop by more often now that we are moved.